The Twitter Analytics platform has just been launched to all users.
Twitter has now opened up their Twitter Analytics Platform to the public. Previously, it was only available to advertising partners. The dashboard allows Twitter users to check the performance of their tweets and view breakdowns of their followers.
Twitter now provides you with pretty extensive metrics and analytics for the performance of your tweets via its Ads dashboard (via TNW), in a move that looks designed to get more people (including individuals) aware of and using the Twitter Ads platform.
The new free analytics dashboard access allows anyone to see the performance of their tweets, including how many Favourites, Retweets and Replies each has received, as well as letting them sort by “Best, Good or All” for at-a-glance ranking of tweet performance.
While all Twitter users can now access Twitter Analytics, not all accounts are displaying detailed information.
Here’s how to set it up for your twitter account and some screen shots to help you navigate it!
1. Go to Twitter Analytics (https://analytics.twitter.com/) and sign in using your Twitter account details.
2. Next Click Analytics. You will see the Analytics button at the top of the page (next to home).
3. You will be brought to the dashboard. You will see analytics relating to Favourites, Retweets and Replies. For tweets containing links, this list also tells you how many clicks they received. It will look something like this:
4. At the top of the page, there is a graph. This shows mentions, follows and unfollows over a period of time. As you scroll over the graph, it will highlight the tweet it is referring to.
5. You can also look at your tweets in categories: Best, Good and All. This can be changed just under the graph at the top of the page. To change from seeing your best tweets to all your tweets, just click on all. Simple!
Have you tried out the new Twitter Analytics Platform? Let me know what you think of it!